Saturday 6 April 2024

GYN & Vascular re-visit

Meeting up with my GYN again after a year was interesting this time around as she wasn't expecting the news I had for her when I met with my vascular surgeon. Finally an answer for my pelvic congestion syndrome and more information for us to discuss. Soon we will need to make a decision re a hysterectomy, we both want my uterus out so we can finally confirm if I have Bicornuate Bicollis, but as my AMH is still way high, I'm still pretty far from being in the position to be able to do that without HRT which is scarce to find here in NZ at present.

I discussed with her the possibility and she is really reluctant to remove it I enter menopause properly, I'm in perimenopause due to my ovary removal. Also until we had a greater understanding of what my blood flow would be, so back to the vascular group for answers. It turns out that compensatory flow is a thing and it would find a way round, believe it or not the removal of my uterus would actually improve my pelvic congestion permanently but we won't know until we go there.

It's a tough decision as I obviously want to be rid of any of the problems it gives me, but I also will still have a 'cycle' and all the problems that go along with that, my Adenomyosis would have to get a lot worse to get to the stage of operating, so looks like checking yearly is my reality for now, just another surgeon in a holding pattern until things naturally decline.

As part of my long-term care plan, I want the decision to be based on best outcomes and willing to trust the experts and wait and see... I'm sure around July this year, I will have a re-visit and update on this.




 


No comments:

Post a Comment