Wednesday 11 March 2015

TTC - ICSI cycle #1 - CD28

Wednesday 11.03.15 - CD28. it was finally here after a looong wait.

The day we had all been waiting for. The day of our first beta-HCG blood test, the day we will find out the results. I did not cave, did not buy a HPT as I think they stress you out even more. I decided to stay home this day as I wanted to speak to the clinic when they phoned rather than them leave a message. I knew if I went out I would either be driving or wouldn't hear my phone (as you know I wouldn't have ended up at the mall shopping).

I was up at 5.45am as the blood collection centre based near our fertility clinic gets very busy so I was there waiting in the car at 7.00am when it opened. You have to have test done prior to 8.00am if you want early results through. There were already 2 before me and one guy turned up as I entered centre, then another 2 as I sat down. Its such a busy place. I was done by 7.20am. Off home I went to wait for the results.

I had planned to keep busy but it was freezing so ended up mooching for most of the day, did a few jobs here and there but still didn't want to overdo it, thought it was best to save all my housework till Thursday as last day before going back to work.

Lets just say it was a looooong wait. Midday came, still no call. DH turned up home for lunch and persuaded me to phone the clinic to chase results about 2.00pm. I got the answering machine. I told him I'd call again by 3.30pm if no call. I called then and left a message. The do the final clear of the answering machine at 4.30pm daily so im sure I will get a call today.

I got a call on my mobile at 4.30pm. They still haven't got my HCG results. They had my Progesterone and E2 which both looked good but no HCG, apparently there was an issue with the analyser at the lab. They were hopeful they would get the results that night and call me as they were all working late. You've got to be joking right? Isn't that just my luck? 

Another call at 5.00pm, this time still no results, she apologised profusely for the agonising wait and told me I was first on the list for a call in the morning if they could get the results through that night.

Seems that we have had some really shitty luck so far on this cycle. DH and I never really have anything in our lives run smoothly, so we can take it. I just really hope they call first thing so I can get on with my day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment