Tuesday 17 February 2015

TTC - ICSI cycle #1 - CD1 to CD7

We are finally here! It came around quick. It was a busy January with work, family, home and getting organised to start our cycle this month.

Stims have begun!

CD1 Thu 12.02.15 - as predicted AF showed up ontime for once. CD30 as predicted. Phoned the clinic after a rocky start, i can never quite tell as only heavy for half a day but called that 'day 1' anyways. Left a message with Nurse as was at work, she called me back 5.30pm to confirm dates, when to take injections, antibiotics and booked me in for first follicle scan.

CD2 Fri 13.02.15 - out of all the days to start stimming it was Friday 13th haha. DH and I had worked out a simple plan for injections. Do them all 9.30pm-10.00pm every night. I set an alarm to remind me to get them out of fridge, assembling the Puregon pen was a bit of a mission. I decided not to video in the end as needed DH to hand me alcohol swabs, open needles etc plus i was in my pjs.

First Puregon injection bruised and bled so im thinking my needle might have gone in on an angle. All in all it was a piece of cake really, the needle is so fine I couldn't even feel it break the skin. Working out how much to get out of each vial in the end was a struggle haha but worked put we would have 7 Puregon injections before scan so 5 out of first vial and 1 out of other with little bit left over. I read somewhere that the 900 iu vial costs $600 on its own! No pressure!

CD3 Sat 14.02.15-CD5 Monday 16.02.15 - no side effects or pain to report. Starting to get a bit tired, Puregon injections getting way easier as we went along. It was just a case of popping on new needle and away we went, got it down to a fine art my assistant and I. No bruises, just had to find a new site each time.

CD6 Tue 17.02.15 - very tired today. Struggled to do my stairwalking at work. Starting to become a bit tender, will be that dicky ovary up my my liver. Got organised and cleaned up before injections tonight as started my Orgalutran tonight, this injection stops me from ovulating, did that one straight after my Puregon. Bigger needle this time, took a while to pierce the skin, got no issue with the pain, would rather push it in slowly as less risk of bruising. No adverse reactions to that one so far, not sure what ill wake up like tomorrow tho. Will be another one of those tomorrow along with my Puregon, 

Will update again after my scan and bloodtest this Thu 19.02.15, they will be checking to see how many follicles I have and see if more stimming required, i could go as long as 12 days yet before confirming EggRetrieval.

Ill also tidy up these posts with a bit more info as very tired now as i type, off to bed as not doing to well with early nights, just got to make it thought three more days of work too then im on leave for 14 days. Time for some R&R and prepare for ER and ET.




No comments:

Post a Comment