Wednesday 25 February 2015

TTC - ICSI cycle #1 - CD15 - How many made it?

Woke up this morning feeling a lot less sore than yesterday. DH was getting ready for work while I got organised to start taking my pessaries and pills before the phone call from the clinic at 9.00am.

I had decided to lay in bed while waiting for the pessaries to do their thing so did my nails. Then got up to get moving around in the hopes my stomach cramps would start to subside. 

Phone rang at 9.15ish, private number, this is it people. Luckily I had prepared myself for any kind of result..... 2 eggs fertilised out of 12.

Not the result I was expecting ...sad face... but was prepared for a phone call to say none had fertilised so we are both happy with that. I had really hoped for more. "2 is better than none" the lady from clinic said on the phone and she was right. Miracles do happen. There was clearly an issue with either the sperm or the eggs as she said they had managed to find enough moving sperm to perform ICSI so they arent sure what the issue was, I'm sure we will get more info when we go for our review.

So, I'm doing a Day 3 Fresh Embryo Transfer on Saturday with the best of the 2 if it makes it that far and if the other makes it to day 5 they will freeze it hopefully? i've yet to find out.

I'm still trying to keep positive. Anything could happen from here. Taking it day-by-day. We knew we probably wouldn't be the ones that are successful first time round. 


No comments:

Post a Comment