Sunday 22 February 2015

TTC - ICSI cycle #1 - CD12 - Scan

Follicle scan day... results:

Endometrium 10mm, approx 24 follicles, 12ish on left and 12ish on right. Left side ranging in sizes 19mm, 17mm, 17mm and lower. Right side the largest is 23mm! unbelievable that my non-reachable supposedly non-functioning ovary would perform the best? I kind of knew deep down that would be the case. I had my RE and two nurses for scan today and all confirmed it he must have found must the fluid filled tubular structure the last doctor found on CD8. After my trans-vaginal scan she found my right ovary with the trans-abdominal scan, it was where it normally is high in my abdomen bottom of my ribcage. No wonder i've been sore.

Egg collection confirmed, Wednesday 25.02.15.

So triggering tonight @ 8.30pm, waited for a call from the nurses at my Fertility Clinic for a time, they were waiting on my blood results. I have been given my trigger shot to bring home which they have now changed to BUSERELIN as they think I may be at risk now of OHSS. I have to have another blood test tomorrow after the shot so they can check my levels, i'm really hoping they are wrong as it could result in a 'freeze all' or a 'cancelled cycle'. We wont know probably until after egg collection as symptoms will start to show when the ovaries fill up with fluid after retrieval and I would start to get very crook and possibly end up in hospital. Its pretty dangerous if you have a severe case.

After scan today I was straight home and into PJ's for a big rest and lots of water. DH also home today as he is crook, off to the doctors in afternoon, shocking bloody timing on his part but again it is what it is. Hopefully he will just go to bed and sleep it off later. Later i was a bit restless and uncomfortable so i ended up getting dressed and going for a walk, that really helped so will do that tomorrow too. That and an early night, cant wait for my sleep ins!

Taking it day by day. Who knows what tomorrow will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment