Tuesday 25 August 2015

2WW - 2dpt - The first two days


So. Rest up they say. Don't try and do too much. Easier said than done! this time I haven't been so obsessed with not moving like I was last time haha. My body is telling me what I should and shouldn't be doing. I've had a lot of cramping and back pain which I'm putting down to my ovaries recovering. Trying to drink a lot of water and move around as much as I can as that helps. The nausea has calmed down a bit which is nice as I'm trying to eat as much good food as possible to keep my energy levels where they need to be. 

I've decided to wait for my letter from the clinic about Hope and Chance. I really want DH to be there when I find out their fate. The letter should be sent on Thursday/Day 6 (freezing day) so I should have it by Friday or Saturday hopefully.

I've managed a bit of washing, loading and unloading the dishwasher, lighting the fire. The housework is piling up around me now and i'm trying to ignore it, at least for the first few days. My DH cleaned up his office on the weekend so I'm hiding out there with the cats for a few hours a day. Thank goodness for the internet. Trying not to symptom google though but did find this very helpful chart. I'm currently at 2dpt (days past transfer).

Days past 3 day transfer Embryo Development
1The embryo continues to grow from a 6-8 cell embryo into a morula (16-64 cells)
2The cells of the morula continue to divide, developing into a blastocyst (70-100 cells)
3The blastocyst begins to hatch out of its shell  
4The blastocyst continues to hatch out of its shell and begins to attach itself to the uterus
5The blastocyst attaches deeper into the uterine lining, beginning implantation  
6Implantation continues 
7Implantation is complete, cells that will eventually become the placenta and fetal cells begin to develop  
8Placenta cells secrete human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) into the blood stream  
9Fetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted 
10Fetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted
11Levels of hCG are now high enough to detect a pregnancy on HPT.
GO TEST!! (if you haven't already...)
Trying to decide if I go back to work tomorrow, if that is the best thing to do. It's really just a drive there, short walk and sitting at a desk all day. Its going to be no different to being here. I'll just be warm and distracted which sounds good to me! There is not much else I can do to improve the outcome really. I'm not bungy jumping or running marathons, pulling all nighters or doing the spring cleaning. I just don't want to catch any of the colds and flu's going round there at the moment. Decision to make by tonight I suppose.

Anyhoo....that's all to report for now. Only 2 days in!! 9 to go. Trying to stay positive.


No comments:

Post a Comment