Sunday 23 August 2015

TTC - IMSI cycle #2 (IVF cycle #3) - CD18 - PUPO!!... again

The day started with me refusing to get out of bed. It's cold today and I'm not in the mood to start the fire plus we are running out of firewood again so I lay in till DH went to work. 

It turns out I poorly timed my morning as it wasn't long before DH turned up home to pick me up and I was running behind so I quickly got dressed and we jumped in the car and calmly drove as quick as we could to the clinic. Good we were running late as once again I overdid it with the water consumption, bit uncomfortable however nowhere near as bad as last time. Glad he was driving and not me. We found a park and got in there with time to spare.

We weren't there for long and the nurse came and took me in so I could gown up and prepare for when my RE was ready. She was about 15 mins away. She took me to the transfer room and I sat for a bit talking to her before the Embryologist came for a chat. Was soooo nerve-wracking to hear the news but relieved to learn that all three Embryo's divided! Thank goodness, that's the first hurdle!

Precious (seen below), the embryo we transferred today, the front-runner is only at 7 cells and slightly fragmented which makes me nervous (fragmentation). Emby1 our first transfer was an 8 cell with no fragmentation. Normally they would have more to choose from and let them progress to Day 5 before they choose and assess the grade during that time. DH and I don't have that option so they will just have to go with what they have and cross everything and hope for a miracle! My RE was a little disappointed that the 8 mature eggs didn't fertilise better but also agreed it was better than none at all.

Hope and Chance are still in the running however are only at 4 & 5 cells and have quite a bit of catching up to do. They will check them again on Day 5 (Wednesday) and let us know the outcome. If they look good they might even let one go till Day 6 and then freeze. Pleeeease let us come out of this with some decent grade frosties!

The procedure didn't take long at all, I was a lot calmer this time around and was relieved to hear when the Embryologist confirmed the catheter was clear after the transfer. It made it in there just fine. Now to look after it for the next 10 days. I have the next 2 days off work for some sleep-ins and to eat properly and rest up. I'm not sitting down for the next two days with my feet in the air though. You don't get the luxury of waiting at the clinic for hours with you feet up like you do in the US. They literally want you to continue as normal as possible, just no spas or baths, lucky I don't like either. No heavy lifting or running too much. Moving around improves blood flow so if the weather improves I'm planning a gentle walk tomorrow and next day.

So there you have it. Pregnant until proven otherwise... again. Our clinic even said they are hoping this is it for us. Hoping for a miracle!! Keep everything crossed for us.

BETA test - Friday 4th September. The 2WW begins.


No comments:

Post a Comment